Location: Washington DC
Job Type: Contract, Full Time
Epidemiologist to support the U.S Food and Drug Administration. Substantial experience in designing and managing scientifically sound epidemiologic studies. The consultant will help develop, design and deliver high quality epidemiology and drug safety projects and research studies. Assignments will range in complexity from proposal development, developing study protocols, data management, conducting statistical analysis, ensuring data quality, dissemination and scientific rigor across all facets of epidemiology projects. The consultant will work with other team members such as project managers, principals and analysts on each project and will work across multiple projects. Occasional travel may be required.
- Application of epidemiologic methods to design and implement pharmacoepidemiology, comparative effectiveness, drug safety and other related research studies.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality proposals for new projects.
- Review and understand client needs to develop innovative and rigorous proposals and solutions.
- Contribute to the development of project documents and deliverables, including literature reviews, protocols, study reports, abstracts, and manuscripts, as appropriate.
- Proficient with advanced statistical analysis methods and erudite about the current pharmacoepidemiology methods.
- Work across clients, therapeutic areas, and projects to ensure an efficient and cohesive work environment and an exceptional, high-quality finished product.
- The Epidemiologist has a PhD or MD with at least 10 years of experience working in consulting, pharmaceutical, or academic setting.
- Experience and training in the design, development and/or analysis of large health-related databases.
- SAS or R experience
- Experience analyzing secondary data sources including insurance claims, EMR and pharmacy databases.
- Experience working with OMOP Common Data Model.